Friday, September 12, 2008

Fuckbuddy Monogamy?

One guy I recently started chatting with mentioned that he would not like to simply be known as Cock #6 because I am seeing other people. First of all, even I cannot handle that many balls in the air (pardon the pun). What I did say to him was, "Oh no, honey...I'll come up with a better nickname than that when I write about you on my blog."

He didn't seem amused.

But it got me thinking, Fuckbuddy Monogamy? Is there such a thing? I have been doing the Fuckbuddy thing for years. My best friend and I perfected the routine in high school. When he was without a girlfriend and I was without a boyfriend, we would hook up for a few weeks. When one of us found someone, we would just end it for the time being.

We never asked for monogamy from one another. Often, we weren't even monogamous in our relationships. Monogamy is something you save for a serious committment, not a casual relationship. The term "Fuckbuddy" implies just how casual a relationship it is.

Should we expect monogamy from a Fuckbuddy or is that asking too much of a relationship that was never that serious to begin with?

No comments: