Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Clothespin Story

Several friends have commented on my not posting for a few days. I have been busy actually having a life lately, be happy for me, people!

Back in July I met a guy on Alt.com who was incredibly smart and sexy. He IM'd me one day and we started chatting regularly. I was immediately impressed...I mean, he knew how to spell and use punctuation. You already know how brains turn me on.

We talked on the phone, we chatted during the day and we played on webcam at night. We decided to have the "meet and greet" and get together for coffee. The plan was set to meet at a Starbucks halfway between our homes. He pushed the time back once, then while I was driving there I realized that Starbucks is actually located inside a mall (not listed that way on the site) and the mall was closing. I quickly called him and suggested another location, a Borders bookstore, right across the street and he agreed. I got to Borders, ordered a latte and picked up a book that looked interesting. Good thing it was (I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell by Tucker Max, which I loved, by the way), because he called to say he was running late once I was there. No point in driving all the way home, so I waited. He finally showed up, explained he was delayed at work, and we spent the next hour or so just walking around discussing movies and books and the usual small talk. It was a classic meet and greet for a hook-up, nothing more, and I wanted to hook-up with him and SOON.

The bookstore closed and we moved the party outdoors. He asked me to walk with him to his car, where he grabbed a bag (one I recognized as his bag of toys from the webcam). We sat in my car, talking and laughing as he showed me his goodies. At one point, I corrected his grammar (the good/well grammatical error, which drives me nuts) and he reached into the bag, pulled out a clothespin, pinned it to my tongue and continued his grammatically incorrect story. The night ended with a little fooling around and...end scene.

I left for a vacation about a week or so later. We continued to IM and flirt while I was gone and once I got home. The weekend of the big appendix tragedy he called me up and asked if I wanted to meet him the next day for above-mentioned hook-up. He gave me a basic time-frame and told me he'd call me to let me know where to meet him.

The next day came...and went. No phone call. I liked him a lot, but I have some pride. I didn't bother texting or calling him, I just let it go.

Over the next couple of weeks, I would occasionally get a random IM from him, but I usually didn't even reply. When I did, it would be to answer a specific question he asked, but I never mentioned how hurt I was or asked him what happened that day. Then right before my birthday, about 5 or 6 weeks after the incredibly cold sell-out (I'm not bitter, I swear) he IM'd me and we started talking. I did ask him what happened, and I did tell him how hurt I was by it. He had an excuse, a valid one...it didn't make up for it, but he seemed genuinely surprised by the whole situation and how I felt about it.

We started talking again, this time it felt a lot friendlier and a lot less like just a hook-up. He was having some issues with a girl he met online, he discussed it with me and "23" had started getting a little possessive, we discussed that, too. Then he asked me out...not to meet at a motel for a hook-up...out for dinner. He asked me to join him for a nice dinner with some dirty thrown in for good measure.

I met him at the restaurant and we had a great time. The conversation was witty and intelligent, the food was delicious and having to remove my panties while sitting at the table and hand them to him definitely took care of the dirty for good measure.

I'll end the story here by saying that I am a second-date type of girl. And a third.

No comments: