Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I am a Fucking Feminist!

I was taught that girls can do anything boys can do.
I was raised to believe that my XX chromosomes are not a handicap.
I have proven that a woman can kick some serious ass in a male-dominated field.

Do I consider myself a feminist?
Abso-fucking-lutely!

Women deserve the same recognition as men.
Women deserve the same pay as men.
Women deserve the same rights as men.
But we are not men.

According to Merriam-Webster, the definition of feminism is "the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes." Excuse me, I do not see a goddamn thing in there about hairy armpits and man-bashing.

Wait a second, does this mean that I can show some cleavage, fuck like a siren and still be a feminist?
Yes I can!

I didn't see anything about the consensual sexual arena in that definition, did you? If I enjoy being tied up and spanked (and I do!) but deny myself that pleasure because it's somehow degrading to women, am I not being untrue to the principles of feminism? One of the founding principles of feminism is a woman's autonomy over her own body, including the right to cum any old way she sees fits.

Sexual roles are just that, roles. Playing Professor and Student does not automatically earn an honorary Ph.D. for one of us. One of the greatest achievements of feminism is our ability as women to ask for what we want in the bedroom. Because of feminism, we have earned the right to own our sexuality. To submit to someone's dominance, to revel in it, in a consensual sexual arena does not automatically make one spineless. I believe it makes one enlightened, self-aware and probably pretty damn sexually satisfied.
"If I choose to wax my pussy bald, it's not to conform to some misogynistic belief of what is sexy...it's because I love the way it feels when I fuck!" ~ Fyre, 2011
I have never viewed my femininity as a curse, more often than not, it's a blessing. Anyone who claims that women are the weaker sex has never benefited from the myriad of rewards a pretty smile can bring you.

No comments: