Friday, January 30, 2009

Being "single" on Facebook

I recently changed my relationship status to "Single" and now the ads alongside my Facebook page have all changed with it. Now I get ads for match.com, eHarmony.com and JDate. No thanks to all three.

If they are going to capitalize on my single status by blasting me with this crap, I want to see the ads to the good places, to the dirtier sites. Show me ads to real hookup sites...and make them JUICY! I don't want to yawn, or worse, cringe in horror, when I see these ads. I want to look over and say to myself, "He's single? How do I contact him?" or even better, "How do I get to take a ride on THAT thing?"

Not everyone who is single is looking for a happily ever after. Not everyone wants to find their perfect someone and fuck up a fantastic dating streak.

I'm going to my room to be my own perfect someone for a while.

No comments: